Shravan month brings lots of fasts/Vrat/Upvaas. Learn how to make upvasache batata pattice in easy way.
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Servings : 3 – 4
- 3 – 4 boiled potatoes, peeled, mashed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated coconut
- 3 tsp roasted peanuts powder
- 3 tsp Cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 tsp raisins
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp green chili – ginger paste
- 1 tsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Oil/Ghee for deep frying
- Rock salt
- In a bowl, mix coconut, cashew nuts, roasted peanuts powder, raisins, rock salt, sugar, lemon juice, green chili-ginger paste, chopped coriander.
- In another bowl, mix masted potatoes, rock salt and arrowroot powder.
- Make even sized balls of this potato mixture.
- Apply some oil on your palm and flatten the potato mixture balls.
- Fill sufficient coconut mixture in the flattened potato. Gently seal the edges. Filling has to be properly sealed into the potato balls so that while frying the mixture will not come out.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan.
- In a plate, spread some arrowroot powder.
- Coat the stuffed potato balls in arrowroot powder.
- Deep fry in oil/ghee till crisp, golden brown.
- Serve hot with sweet curd or coriander chutney.