Upvasacha Batata Vada
Batata Vada is a common street food in Mumbai. We also make batata vada at home. But what if you have fast and want to eat batata vada? Here is a simple recipe of how to make batata vada for upvaas. Try it today.
Cooking Time : 50 minutes
Servings : 4 – 5
- 1/2 kg medium sized potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 – 4 green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Rock salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup shingare ka atta (water chestnut flour)
- Mash boiled potatoes in a bowl.
- Heat a pan with 2 tsp oil in it. Add cumin seeds, green chilies, mashed potatoes, coriander leaves, rock salt, pepper powder and mix well.
- Let the mixture cool. Pour lemon juice and again mix well.
- Make small sized balls and keep aside.
- Take water chestnut flour in a bowl. Add rock salt, pepper powder and make a smooth batter by adding little water.
- Heat oil in a kadai for frying.
- Dip the vadas in the batter and leave in kadai for deep frying.
- Flip the vadas around for even browning.
- Once turned golden brown from all sides, remove in a plate.
- Serve hot with chutney.