Surmai or Kingfish is one of most popular type of fish. It tastes delicious when fried with spices and coated with sooji/semolina. I love to make it for Sunday/Wednesday/Friday lunch.
Very easy to make.
Cooking Time : 45 Minutes
Servings : 5 – 6
- 1 surmai fish, cut into thick slices
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 3 tsp red chili powder
- 3 tsp turmeric powder
- sooji/semolina for coating
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- chopped coriander leaves
- Wash surmai slices very clean.
- Take a bowl and put the surmai slices. For marination, add lemon juice, salt, turmeric powder, chili powder. Mix well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 – 20 minutes.
- In another bowl/plate, take rice flour. Add salt, chili powder and mix well. Add less salt to the flour, as the marinated fish already have salt applied.
- Now take the fish pieces and coat them with the above rice flour mixture.
- Now in another plate, take sooji/semolina. Add a little salt and chili powder.
- Coat the floured fish slices one by one with the sooji mixture.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add oil to it. Once oil is hot put fish pieces and allow them to cook till golden brown from both the sides.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and Fish Curry.