Sabudana thalipeeth is made for upvaas or vrat or fasting. It’s an easy and quick recipe which can be made within just 15 minutes. You can have it with sweet curd or lemon pickle.
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Servings : 5
- 1 cup sabudana
- 1 potato, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 3 tsp roasted peanuts powder
- 3/4 tsp red chili powder
- salt, as required
- Cumin seeds
- Wash sabudana under clear water. Keep enough water and soak it overnight.
- Add mashed potato, red chilli powder, peanuts powder, cumin seeds and salt to soaked sabudana. Mix well.
- Add some water to knead the mixture to a soft dough.
- Make equal sized balls out of dough.
- Heat a pan and add oil to it.
- Take a plastic paper and add few drops of water to it.
- With fingers, start rolling one ball to form a thin circle with a small hole in the middle.
- Now slowly remove the thalipeeth from the plastic paper and put it on pan.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5 – 7 minutes. Cook until turn crispy.
- Flip on the other side and cook. Do not put a cover this time.
- Serve hot with sweet curd.