Rice Bhakri | How To Make Tandalachi Bhakri
Rice bhakri or tandalachi bhakri is a famous flatbread in Maharashtra. Tandalachi bhakri is easy to make, less time consuming than roti/chapati. A little bit practice is required to make make these bhakris.
Read Rice Bhakri in Marathi
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Servings : 4
- 2 cups rice flour
- A pinch of Salt
- Take rice flour in a bowl, add salt and mix.
- Now add water slowly and start kneading to a soft pliable dough.
- Heat iron tawa.
- Divide the dough into small balls of equal size.
- Dust some rice flour on a flat work surface.
- Press the dough balls to form a thick small circle.
- Now put the dough circle onto the dusted flat work surface and start rolling with your palm and fingers. Do not apply pressure. Do it gently.
- Once a thin bhakri formed, transfer it to the hot tawa. Put gas on high flame.
- Spread little water on the upper surface of bhakri. And immediately flip the bhakri.
- Cook from another side. And again flip to cook the first side.
- Cook till bhakri gets brown spots.
- Serve hot with any curry.