Raw Mango Curry
Here we are going to make Raw mango curry or kairichi amti which has tangy, sweet flavor and goes well with rice or chapati. Less spicy, made with coconut, this curry, tastes amazing.
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Servings : 3 – 4
- 4 Raw mangoes
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Curry leaves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh coconut
- 1 red chili, dried
- 1 tsp jaggery
- Wash and peel mangoes. Cut the mangoes into thick slices.
- Make a smooth paste of shredded coconut dried red chili.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Add curry leaves.
- Add onion and saute till golden.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, ginger-garlic paste and saute well.
- Add coconut paste and saute for 5 minutes.
- Now add mango slices and fry for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add enough water jaggery and salt to the pan and let it boil on low heat.
- Transfer the curry to the serving bowl and serve with steamed rice or chapati.