Rava Pomfret Fish Fry
Pomfret is one of my favorite fish. Though i like surmai, halwa, prawns but Pomfret is something that melts in the mouth.
The fish fry recipe is very easy to make and required only few ingredients. Also, adding fish to your diet is very much beneficial. You can even introduce this fish to your little one if he/she is older than 1 year.
So let’s take a look at the yummy recipe here.
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Servings : 4
- 4 small sized pomfrets
- 1/2 cup rava/semolina/suji
- 3 – 4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- lemon juice
- Clean the fish and dry them. You can use whole fish or make pieces, it’s upto you.
- Just make sure, if you are using whole fish, you will need to make slits in the fish to absorb the masala into the fish.
- In a plate add red chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, lemon juice and salt.
- Rub this paste evenly onto the fish pieces. Keep aside covering for 15 – 20 minutes.
- In a dish, take rava. Dip each fish/piece into the rava evenly.
- Heat a pan with oil. Put the fish/pieces in the pan and fry till golden, crispy.
- Carefully turn on another side and fry again.
- Remove on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with onion rings.
You can use corn flour or rice flour instead of Rava. But rava coating makes fish more crunchier than any other flour.