Popcorn Chicken? Yes. Chicken pieces coated with flour tastes amazing. You should give it a try as ingredients are simple and it doesn’t take much time to prepare. Special recipe for kids.
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Servings : 4- 5
- 300 gm Chicken (Boneless)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Pepper powder to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1 cup flour (maida)
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 egg white
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or crumbled corn flakes
- Marinate chicken with lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, salt and pepper powder. Keep it aside for 15 – 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, take all purpose flour, corn flour, salt, pepper powder, onion powder, garlic powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
- In another bowl, add egg white, milk, salt and pepper powder. Beat it until smooth.
- In a bowl, mix breadcrumbs/corn flakes, salt and pepper. Keep aside.
- Now take the marinated chicken pieces, and put them into the flour mixture. Ensure all pieces are coated from all sides.
- Then dip them in egg mixture.
- Now coat them with breadcrumbs/corn flakes mixture. Rest for 10 minutes to stick the crumbs well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the chicken pieces until crispy and crunchy.
- Drain them on a kitchen tissue and serve hot with ketchup.