Methi Chicken Recipe
Learn how to make Methi Chicken. Many individuals do not like methi but this combination will make you love it. The easy, tasty and simple recipe will surely be the most delicious recipe you have ever eaten.
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Servings : 4
- 1/2 kg Chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups Methi, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, pureed
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 tsp Yogurt
- 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 Green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Funnel powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Funnel seeds
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- Coriander leaves
- Clean and wash chicken pieces.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add cumin and funnel seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add chopped onion and fry till golden brown and tender.
- Add tomato puree. Mix well.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, funnel powder and stir well.
- Add chicken pieces and fry for 2 – 3 minutes. Add yogurt. Mix well.
- Let chicken get mixed evenly with the masala.
- Add desired water quantity. If you want dry dish, add little water, else add good amount of water for curry.
- Finally add chopped methi and salt.
- Cover the pan and cook for 10 – 15 minutes on high flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Roti, Rice, Bhakri.
You can try mutton instead of chicken for the combinations like methi mutton etc.
You can use any green leafy vegetable like Spinach for the combination like Spinach Chicken.