Mango Sheera (Ambyacha Sheera) | Mango Kesari | Rava Mango Sheera
Yesterday, i ate Mango Sheera sent by my aunt. It was really a yum. I normally do not like sheera much, but mango sheera is exception to that. It was just like a noraml sheera with a little addition of mango pulp. A sheera with mango flavour. We do make banana-sheera, dry-fruit sheera and in mango season the most delicious mango sheera.
Make this healthy, tasty mango sheera as a breakfast for your kids. I am sure, they will love it.
Cooking Time : 25 minutes
Serving : 4
- 1/2 cup rava/semolina
- 1 cup mango pulp
- 1/2 cup sugar or as required
- 1/2 cup water
- a pinch of salt
- cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup ghee
- dry fruits
- Heat 2 tsp ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and roast dry fruits till they are golden brown.
- Now add rava/semolina to the same pan and saute till light golden brown.
- Boil 1/2 cup of water and pour it in roasted rava. Mix well. Cover the pan and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Let rava absorbs all the water.
- Now add sugar and mix well. Avoid lumps, if any.
- Add mango pulp, mix well and cover the pan. Cook for 2 minutes until the rava is soft.
- Keep stirring to avoid lumps. Cook till it thickens.
- Now add roasted dry fruits, cardamom powder, salt and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Tip : Before adding sugar, make sure the rava is cooked completely, else it will become chewy.