Garlic Shev | Lahsun Shev
Lahsun or Garlic shev / Sev is a traditional Indian snack specially made during Diwali festival. It’s a fantastic tea time snack also.
Spicy, garlic flavored sev is easy to make and tasty. Let’s have a look at the recipe and the required ingredients.
Cooking Time : 40 minutes
Servings : 2 – 3
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- 3 – 4 ponds lasun/garlic pods
- a pinch of hing
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Oil for deep frying
- a pinch of carom seeds
- Grind garlic pods in mixer to a paste.
- In a bowl, add gram flour, garlic past, hing, red chili powder, turmeric powder, carom seeds and salt.
- Heat 2 tsp oil and add to it. With sufficient water knead the stiff dough.
- Keep the dough aside for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Put some dough in the sev mould (You will find this mould in your chakali mould set)
- Press the mould circularly into hot oil. Deep fry stirring occasionally till you get golden color.
- Let them cool and store in air tight container.
- You can store them as it is or break into small sev.
- Serve with other items of diwali or enjoy at tea time.