Easy and a sweet recipe specially made during diwali.
- 2 cups besan/gram flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 – 4 green cardamoms, powdered
- 1/2 cup ghee (use more if required)
- raising, almonds, cashew handful
- Dry roast besan in a pan for 10 – 12 minutes on low heat. Stir constantly. Besan should not burn else it will smell badly.
- In another pan, melt the ghee. After roasting the besan for 10 – 12 minutes, add the melted ghee to the besan and continue roasting the besan for 5 – 7 minutes more.
- Roast till besan starts smelling aromatic and turned golden colour. At this stage, besan will start releasing ghee.
- Remove the besan from gas and keep aside.
- Add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and dry fruits to it. Mix well. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Take small portion of the mixture and make round.
- Store the ladoos in an air-tight container.
Avoid using much ghee, it make make the flour more greasy and making ladoos will be a difficult task for you.