Indo-Chinese schezwan potato or chilli potato is one of the favorite starter dish as most of us like potatoes. We consume potatoes in many forms.
Mouth-watering, crispy, spicy schezwan potato is easy to make and can be a great starter dish for any party.
Let’s learn how to make schezwan potato at home with step by step instructions.
Cooking Time : 30 – 40 Minutes
Servings : 4
- 3 potato, medium sized
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp peanuts
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp schezwan sauce
- 4 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 red chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp spring onion for decoration
- Boil potatoes. Peel them and cut into wedges.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Fry potato chunks for 5 – 7 minutes or till golden brown.
- Remove them on a tissue paper.
- Sprinkle salt and red chilli powder when potatoes are hot enough. Mix well.
- Heat oil in another pan and deep fry peanuts. Remove them on a tissue paper.
- Deep fry sesame seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add red chilies and fried potatoes to it. Mix well.
- Add schezwan sauce, vinegar and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Turn off the gas.
- Decorate with spring onion.