Pizza is not always what you think. We usually go out to eat things like pizza, burger etc. And ask our kids not to eat frequently as its not that much good for our health. Its a type of junk food.
But, what if the same taste you get from a home made pizza? Oh no ! not with a readymade pizza base but with our healthy, nutritious roti base pizza. Isn’t it surprising? Yes, we can make pizza at home with roti. ‘Roti Pizza’ you can call it. With same ingredients, same sauces and spices just replace the pizza base with roti. Serve to your kids and let them eat as much as they want. No restrictions at all.
So excited to learn this wonderful recipe? Lets start.
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2 – 3
- 4 roti
- 2 cup tomato, finely chopped
- 2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 tsp tomato ketchup
- Salt to taste
- Sugar, a pinch of
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 cup grated cheese/paneer
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup capsicum, vertically sliced
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and add capsicum to it. Fry for few minutes.
- Add onions, garlic and tomatoes to it and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add pepper powder, red chili powder, salt and sugar to it. Fry for few minutes.
- Now add tomato ketchup, mix well. Cook for few minutes. Turn off the gas.
- Heat non-stick pan and butter to it. Put roti on it.
- Spread the mixture on the roti and add cheese/paneer to it.
- Cook on low flame. Apply some butter on the sides.
- Serve poli pizza with tomato sauce.
Tip : You can add the mixture on bread to make Bread Pizza. Have some fruits with this pizza.