Leftover Rice-Watermelon Paratha
Try this healthy, nutritious, crispy paratha made from leftover rice, dal and vegetable.
Cooking Time : 30 – 35 Minutes
- Leftover rice, dal and cauliflower vegetable
- Wheat Flour
- Soyabean Flour
- Turmeric Powder
- Watermelon white part, chopped in cubes
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- Cumin Seeds
- Mustard Seeds
- Red Chilli Powder
- Coriander Powder
- Coriander Leaves
- Curry Leaves
Recipe For Stuffing:
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin and mustard seeds. When mustard seeds splutters, add curry leaves and hing.
- Now add onion and fry little. Add tomato and again fry.
- Add red chilli powder, Coriander Powder and turmeric.
- Add the white part of watermelon and fry little.
- Cover the pan with a lid to cook the watermelon.
- Stuffing is ready.
Recipe for Paratha:
- Combine rice, dal and cauliflower vegetable and grind in mixer.
- Remove the mixture in a bowl and add wheat flour, soyabean flour and besan. Knead well.
- Now add turmeric, coriander powder and salt and knead to make a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough and keep aside.
- Make small balls out of dough.
- Take one ball in your palm, flatten it and fill the stuffing.
- Seal the edges properly.
- Lightly press the stuffed ball with the sealed edge on the top.
- Dust flour on the surface.
- Roll out the ball keeping the sealed edge on the flour. Filling should not come out while rolling.
- Heat a pan and roast the paratha from both the sides. Spread ghee or oil from all the sides of paratha.
- Serve hot or cold with curd or chutney.