Doodhi Thepla (Lauki Paratha)
This doodhi thepla also known as lauki thepla, bottle gourd thepla. This can be a tasty, delicious and health breakfast. We normally make thepla with besan and wheat flour, but you can also add jowar or bajra flour which ultimately make the theplas / parathas more healthy.
Cooking Time : 25 minutes
Servings : 5
- 1/4 doodhi, grated
- 2/3 cup wheat flour
- 1/8 cup curd
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/3 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp cilantro
- Butter/ghee/oil to brush the top of theplas
- Combine all the above ingredients and mix well. Make soft dough by kneading. Usually you do not require water to knead this dough, but use some if you need it.
- Make 5 equal parts out of it. Make small balls of the parts.
- Take one ball, make it flatten by placing between your palms and then dip it in wheat flour.
- Take a rolling pin, and roll out each ball like a chapati. Use little wheat flour, while rolling.
- Heat pan on medium flame, and put thepla on it.
- Cook till it becomes golden brown from both the sides.
- Now apply butter/ghee/oil to both the sides.
- Remove from pan to a plate. Repeat the process for the remaining 4 balls.
- Serve hot with Pickle or any vegetable.