Flavored with chilies, these home made Masala cookies are very best snack to serve with tea. You will get sweet cookies in all bakery’s, but these spicy cookies will really make your tea time more enjoyable. Let’s try these simple, crunchy Masala cookies.
Credit – Mrunalini Patil, Pune, Maharashtra
Cooking Time : 40 Minutes
- 150 gram All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 1 tsp milk powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2- 3 green chillies, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 100 gm butter
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated or 2 cheese slices, chopped finely
- In a bowl, add maida, milk powder and baking powder. Sieve them and keep separately. Grind green chilies and coriander leaves.
- In another bowl, mix sugar and butter and beat until light and fluffy.
- Now add chilies-coriander paste and mix well.
- Add cheese to the above mixture and mix.
- Now add the dry flour mixture slowly and knead to make a soft dough.
- Roll it 1/4″ in thickness.
- Cut into any shape you like and place them on baking tray.
- Preheat oven and place the tray for 20-25 minutes at 150 degree.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Ready to serve Masala Cookies with hot tea.
- Store in an air tight container.