Basic Sponge Cake
Basic sponge cake is the base of many different cakes. You can make any cake with this base. Easy to make, can add different flavors.
You can make it with jam filling or whipped cream, choice is yours. Basic sponge cake can be made with or without eggs.
So let’s learn how to make basic sponge cake in a very easy way. Make a tasty cake this new year at home and surprise everyone.
Cooking Time : 25 Minutes
Baking Time : 35 – 40 Minutes
- १ १/२ cup maida
- १०० gm condensed milk
- ५० gm butter
- १ tsp baking powder
- १/२ tsp baking soda
- १/२ tsp vanilla essence
- १/२ cup drinking soda
- १ tsp powdered sugar
- In a bowl, take maida, baking soda and baking powder. Sieve it and keep aside.
- In another bowl, take condensed milk and butter. Beat with hand beater.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add drinking soda into the above mixture.
- Now add maida mixture in batches. Mix well.
- The consistency of the mixture should be right.
- Apply some butter to a cake pan. Pour cake mixture into the pan.
- Remove whistle and ring of pressure cooker. Preheat the cooker for 10 minutes on high flame.
- Now open the cooker and place the cake pan. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes on low flame.
- After 25 minutes, check by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, your cake is ready.