American Fruit Cake
Easy fruit cake for Christmas
Cooking Time : 2 hours
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
Dryfruits : Total 5 cups of chopped fruits of your choice
- Candid Cherries
- Candid Pineapples
- Finely chop the fruits and nuts.
- Take a large bowl and add all the fruits & nuts.
- Add sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to it. Mix well.
- In different pan, take eggs and beat it till light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and vanilla essence to it.
- Add the egg mixture to chopped dry fruits bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Prepare a cake pan by greasing butter all over the pan.
- Add the cake batter to the pan and press it to make the top layer even.
- Preheat oven for 120 degree C and bake the cake for about 2 hours.
- Check with a pin and remove the cake if the pin comes clean after insertion.
- Let the cake become completely cool.
- Remove in a plate and serve.