Eggless Red Velvet Cake
How about a home made red velvet cake on this Christmas? The smooth, soft texture, a bright red color and creamy frosting make it an awesome dish at any occasion.
Red velvet cake is easy to make. Enjoy your valentine’s day and Christmas with this moist, fluffy red velvet cake.
Cooking Time : 1:30 hour
- 1 1/2 cup maida (All purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder/chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup edible oil/butter, room temprature
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup powdered dugar
- 1 1/2 cup luke warm milk
- 1/2 tsp red food color
- 2 tsp sugar syrup
- Whipped cream
- Take butter in a bowl.
- Add powdered sugar, condensed milk in butter and mix well.
- Now add maida in the bowl and mix properly.
- Add luke warm milk to the above mixture and mix well.
- Add chocolate syrup/cocoa powder and stir well.
- Make a smooth batter using a hand-whisker.
- Add vanilla essence and red food color. Mix properly.
- Grease the cake tin with butter/ghee.
- Pour the cake batter into the tin. Make it even.
- Preheat the pressure cooker, removing whistle, on medium heat.
- Place the cake tin in the cooker and cook for 30 – 35 minutes on low flame.
- Check with a clean knife or toothpick, if the cake is done.
- Remove the cake from cooker and let it be cool.
- Once the cake is completely cool, transfer it to a plate.
- Now remove the upper thin layer of the cake with a sharp knife.
- Divide the cake into two half.
- Apply the sugar syrup on the lower half.
- Apply whipped cream on the cake with smooth finishing.
- Place another half cake on the first layer and apply sugar syrup again.
- Again put and spread the whipped cream gently on the top layer of cake.
- Decorate the cake with flower nozzle.
- Place the cake crumbs which we have removed earlier from the cake.
- Put the cake in fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Enjoy the red velvet cake with your family.