Chicken Palak (Spinach)
Servings : 4 – 5
- 1 kg chicken,
- 2 bunches palak
- 2 onion, medium, finely chopped
- 2 tomato medium, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 5 green cardamoms
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 – 5 tsp yogurt
- 1/4 cup oil
- Salt, to taste
- Wash palak (Spinach) clean and chop it. Cut chicken into 10 – 12 pieces.
- Steam palak and make a smooth paste of it.
- Heat a thick bottom pan and add oil to it. Add bay leaves, cloves, cardamoms and fry for a minute.
- Now add chopped onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic and fry till onion turns brown.
- Now add chicken pieces, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Fry well.
- Add yogurt to the mixture and saute for 2 – 3 minutes or chicken turns light brown.
- Now add steamed palak paste and cook well by covering with a lid.
- Cook till the gravy is thick and chicken is tender.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.