Spicy chicken masala recipe with step by step instructions. Make masala chicken recipe easily at home for your family. Learn how to cook simple chicken masala gravy.
Cooking Time : 25 minutes
Serving : 3
- 1/2 kg Chicken, cubed
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp jeera powder
- 6 – 7 garlic cloves
- Whole Kashmiri red chillies
- Salt to taste
- Wash chicken cubes in clean water. Drain the water completely.
- Take a bowl. Add chicken pieces, kashmiri red chili powder, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala, salt, coriander powder, turmeric powder and jeera powder. Marinate well and keep aside for 1 hour with a cover on it.
- In mixer, add whole kashmiri red chilies, garlic cloves and a little of water. Make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and fry till golden brown. Now add tomato puree, Fry for 3- 4 minutes.
- Now add marinated chicken pieces and cook for 10 – 12 minutes with a cover on it. Stir occasionally so chicken will not get burned.
- Now add chili-garlic paste to the chicken and mix well. Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- If the gravy dries, add little water and continue cooking till chicken is soft. Here add water as per your choice. If you want more gravy, add more water. Check and add salt as required.
- Add chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Serve hot with Roti, Steamed Rice or Rice Bhakri.