Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 1/4 kg carrots
- 1 large onion
- 2-4 cloves
- 2-3 Cinnamon
- 2 tsp ghee
- salt to taste
- Wash the rice. Drain the water completely and keep it aside for 2-3 hours.
- Wash the carrots and grate them.
- Chop onion vertically.
- Heat oil in a pan and tamper mustard seeds. Add cloves, cinnamon and onion. Fry until golden brown.
- Now add grated carrots. Fry till carrots are cooked.
- Now add rice and fry in a low flame.
- Pressure cook the rice with double water compared to rice quantity and salt for 40 minutes.
- Serve hot with raita or Curd.